This baked sweet potato fries recipe is legit crispy, easy to make, perfectly seasoned, and surely to disappear pretty much, immediately!
- 450g sweet potatoes, peeled & matchsticks cut
- 2 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Slice sweet potatoes into long, thin strips about 1/4 inch wide. Then soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or mist with olive oil. Set aside.
- Drain the fries and dry the bowl. Then, blot dry the fries with a clean towel.
- Add the fries back to the clean bowl and drizzle evenly with olive oil and toss until they're evenly coated.
- Spread the fries out in an even layer o the baking tray. Be sure that the fries aren't overlapping or else they will not cook evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then proceed to flip each fry with a spatula. And baked for 10 to 15 minutes or until the fries are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with your desired amount of salt and seasoning. Then, let the fries rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- You're free to customize your sweet potato fries. You may add cheese or add cayenne powder for an extra flavour.
- Also, best served with meat, soup or in salads.